This book helps students and scholars get started on the exciting journey of using visual data in social research. It covers the many uses a researcher can make of images, from creating images as a part of the research process to collecting and analyzing images from diverse sources. Exploring the opportunities and arming readers with tools to overcome some of the practical challenges, Using Visual Data in Qualitative Research is a perfect guide to uncovering new and unexpected dimensions of social life.
Table of Contents
2. The place of visual data in social research: a brief history
3. Approaches to studying the visual
4. Visual methods and field research
5. Presenting visual research
6. Conclusion: images and social research