Quantitative Research Methods for Linguistics provides an accessible introduction to research methods for undergraduates undertaking research for the first time. Employing a task-based approach, the authors demonstrate key methods through a series of worked examples, allowing students to take a learn-by-doing approach and making quantitative methods less daunting for the novice researcher.Key features include:
- Chapters framed around real research questions, walking the student step-by-step through the various methods;
- Guidance on how to design your own research project;
- Basic questions and answers that every new researcher needs to know;
- A comprehensive glossary that makes the most technical of terms clear to readers;
- Coverage of different statistical packages including R and SPSS.