Contains practical examples, questions and case studies.
Table of Contents
1. Why the business is worth entering.
2. What the key functions, roles and
3. What the main fund structures are, and
4. Why regulation is needed and what it
5. What investment management entails.
6. How fund performance is measured.
7. How valuation is done.
8. What charges may be levied on a fund.
9. How funds prices are created.
10. What issue and redemption are.
11. What activities are involved in
12. How funds are sold.
13. How communication with investors is
14. What product development entails.
15. Why funds have special accounting
16. Why fund taxation matters.
17. How funds are governed.
18. How the business is managed.
Self test questions.