Fundamentals and Applications of Supercapacitor 2D Materials covers different aspects of supercapacitor 2D materials, including their important properties, synthesis, and recent developments in supercapacitor applications of engineered 2D materials. In addition, theoretical investigations and various types of supercapacitors based on 2D materials such as symmetric, asymmetric, flexible, and micro-supercapacitors are covered. This book is a useful resource for research scientists, engineers, and students in the fields of supercapacitors, 2D nanomaterials, and energy storage devices.
Due to their sub-nanometer thickness, 2D materials have a high packing density, which is suitable for the fabrication of highly-packed energy supplier/storage devices with enhanced energy and power density. The flexibility of 2D materials, and their good mechanical properties and high packing densities, make them suitable for the development of thin, flexible, and wearable devices.
- Explores recent developments and looks at the importance of 2D materials in energy storage technologies
- Presents both the theoretical and DFT related studies
- Discusses the impact on performance of various operating conditions
- Includes a brief overview of the applications of supercapacitors in various industries, including aerospace, defense, biomedical, environmental, energy, and automotive
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Structure and properties of 2D materials in general and importance to energy storage 3. Synthesis and characterization of 2D materials 4. Theoretical and DFT related studies of Supercapacitors based on 2D materials 5. Supercapacitors based on graphene and its hybrids 6. Supercapacitors based on 2D transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDs) and its hybrids 7. Supercapacitors based on 2D Metal Oxides, hydroxides and its hybrids 8. Supercapacitors based on MXenes (Transition metal carbides and nitrides) and its hybrids 9. 2D Metal Carbides and their Hybrid Nanostructure: Fundamental, Synthesis and Applications 10. Flexible supercapacitors based on 2D materials 11. Microsupercapacitors supercapacitor based on 2D materials for electronic applications 12. Engineering 2D materials for high performance supercapacitor devices 13. Summary and future perspectives