Handbook of Advanced Approaches towards Pollution Prevention and Control, Volume One: Conventional and Innovative Technology, and Assessment Techniques for Pollution Prevention and Control condenses all relevant information on pollution prevention and control in a single source. This handbook (Volume One of Two) covers the principles of pollution prevention and control technologies, recent advances in pollution prevention, control technologies and their sustainability, modernization in pollution prevention, and control technologies for future and next generation pollution prevention. This book is an indispensable resource for researchers and academic staff in chemical and process engineering, safety engineering, environmental engineering, biotechnology and materials engineering.
- Provides in-depth information on the principles and advances in pollution prevention and control practices
- Discusses emerging technologies and processes for advanced pollution prevention and control
- Presents developments on the use of the assessment models as tools to support the research and applications of different technologies and processes
- Provides history, fundamentals, state-of-the-art, and future trends
- Edited by expert team of world-class editors
Table of Contents
1. Wastewater treatment technologies 2. Advanced oxidation processes, non-conventional environmental engineering techniques and environmental sustainability 3. Endocrine disrupting chemicals removal by carbon nanocomposites 4. Synthesis and characteristics of carbon-doped nanomaterials for dyes removal 5. Applications of catalyzed redox processes in water remediation 6. Waste management using Plasma based treatment 7. Pyrolytic methods of municipal solid waste conversion in bio-fuel 8. Food waste Management 9. Potential of turning rice straw into paper in Tanzania: a mechanism for reducing air pollution 10. Soil remediation technologies 11. Management of technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive materials 12. Nano-waste: environmental and human health risk 13. Introduction to polychlorinated biphenyls (pcbs) environmental pollution and its impact on the sustainability of life 14. Arsenic pollution and human health issues - special reference to the Bengal Delta 15. Utilization of microsensors for air quality monitoring system 16. Mitigation hierarchy: an effectiveness of project control mechanism