An Introduction to Foreign Language Learning and Teaching provides an engaging, student-friendly guide to the field of foreign language learning and teaching. Aimed at students with no background in the area and taking a task-based approach, this book:
- introduces the theoretical and practical aspects of both learning and teaching;
- provides discussion and workshop activities throughout each chapter of the book, along with further reading and reflection tasks;
- deals with classroom- and task-based teaching, and covers lesson planning and testing, making the book suitable for use on practical training courses;
- analyses different learning styles and suggests strategies to improve language acquisition;
- includes examples from foreign language learning in Russian, French, and German, as well as English;
- is accompanied by a brand new companion website at www.routledge.com/cw/johnson, which contains additional material, exercises, and weblinks.