Extensively revised with new illustrations, new clinical photos, this classic text remains the most comprehensive and up-to-date resource on surgery of the hepatobiliary and pancreatic region. Dr. William Jarnagin and his team of internationally recognized surgeons continue the Blumgart’s tradition of excellence, bringing you the latest advances in diagnostic and surgical techniques. You’ll find updates on the newest minimally invasive surgeries, new interventional diagnostic techniques, and complete coverage of all relevant diseases, including those seen in the tropics.
- Considers all worldwide opinions and approaches to management, and includes key data on surgical outcomes to better inform your clinical decision-making.
- Covers exactly what you need to know, balancing basic science with information on clinical practice.
- Presents cutting edge guidance on pathology, diagnostics, surgery and non-operative intervention of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas in a single, comprehensive reference.
- Covers the most recent non-surgical therapies for pancreatic cancer, microwave ablation, and other emerging technologies.
- Brings you up to date with recent developments in transplantation, minimally invasive surgery, percutaneous devices, pre- and post-care, blood transfusion, and surgical techniques for the spleen.
- Features an extensively revised art and illustration program, with new anatomical line drawings (including hundreds now in color), more than 750 new clinical photos, more schematic diagrams that summarize information, and new graphs and algorithms throughout.
Table of Contents
Liver, Biliary, and Pancreatic Anatomy and Physiology
Anesthetic Management, Preoperative and Postoperative Care
Techniques of Biliary Tract Intervention: Radiologic, Endoscopic, and Surgical
Biliary Tract Disease
Liver and Pancreas Transplantation
Hepatobiliary Injury and Hemorrhage