This is the first complete account of the history of this foundation, which existed from 1036/41 until 1802.
This is an account of the history of this foundation, which existed from 1036/41 until 1802. Using illustrations, the author elucidates the complex history of this double-asped church integrated into the Roman Porta Nigra with the cell of St. Simeon. This church was almost totally destroyed in the 19th century. The volume contains detailed documentaries of the internal structure of a secular chapter and its property, with special emphasis on its liturgical functions. Individual biographies of the canons give a picture and work of the old chapter. Light is also thrown on the involvement of individual canons in the service of the diocesan bishop.