Table of Contents
List of contributors
1. Can memory be the brain's Rosetta Stone? S.
P. R. Rose
2. Functions of neuronal networks in the
hippocampus and cerebral cortex in memory E. T.
3. Conscious subjective experience vs.
unconscious mental functions: a theory of the
cerebral processes involved B. Libet
4. A parallel vision machine that learns T.
5. Colour algorithms for image segmentation A.
6. Physiological constraints on models of
visual cortical function D. A. Pollen, J. P.
Gaska and L. D. Jacobson
7. A model of preattentive region definition
based on texture analysis M. Pabst, H. J.
Reitboeck and R. Eckhorn
8. Analysis of complex motion signals in the
brain of cats and monkeys G. A. Orban, L.
Lagae, S. Raiguel, B. Gulyas and H. Maes
9. A simplifying strategy for modelling the
retino-cortical pathway R. Maex and G. A. Orban
10. Towards a network theory of cortical areas
H. A. Mallott and R. Brittinger
11. The primary visual system: an attempt to
understand the function of its structure S. S.
Christensen, R. M. J. Cotterill, C. Nielson and
12. The geometry of the striate topographic
map: functional implications A. Johnston
13. A model of early vertebrate visual
processing J. G. Taylor
14. A neural network for feature linking via
synchronous activity: results from cat visual
cortex and from simulations R. Eckhorn, H. J.
Reitboeck, M. Arndt and P. Dicke
15. Cortical architecture and oscillations in
neuronal networks: feedback versus local
coupling D. Kammen, P. J. Holmes and C. Koch
16. The role of accurate timing in human
performance and the code for higher cortical
function L. Brothers and G. L. Shaw
17. Neural circuits and mechanisms for visually
guided eye movements in primates R. Eckmiller
18. Cooperative control of limb movements by
the motor cortex, brainstem and cerebellum J.
19. Analog simulation of circuits in the
olfactory bulb J. W. Clark, J. Chen and K. E.
20. Simulations of tactile spatial
discrimination D. Todorovic
21. Chaos- and alpha-preparation in brain
function E. Basar, C. Basar-Eroglu, J. Roschke
and J. Schult
22. Biomagnetic measurements of fetal brain
activity P. Anastasiadis, P. A. Anninos and E.
23. A brain model theory for epilepsy and its
treatment: experimental verification using
Sqiud measurements P. A. Anninos, N. Tsagas and
24. A temporal extension of the four frames
model J. A. Feldman
25. The collective brain B. A. Huberman
26. Neural geometry: towards a fractal model of
neurons A. Pellionisz
27. Towards a hardware realisable model of the
neuron D. Gorse and J. G. Taylor
28. Poly-contextural modelling of heterarchies
in brain functions R. Kaehr and E. Von Goldammer
29. Linear Boolean nets synthesizable in
polynomial time E. R. Caiaiello, M. Marinaro
and R. Tagliaferri
30. Chaotic threshold neurons analysed by
Boolean cellular automata rules K. E. Kurten
31. Learning and architectures of neural
networks P. Rujan
32. Structural realization of a Hebb-type
learning rule I. E. Dammasch
33. A neural network that stores and retrieves
ambiguous information like the brain Y. Salu
34. Handwriting control: a functional model R.