Table of Contents
Part I. Language Extensions Ada++: 1. A class
and inheritance extension for Ada J. P.
Forester, C. Fornarino and P.
2. Dynamic binding and inheritance in an
object-oriented Ada design C. M. Donaldson
3. Language extensions to allow rapid mode
shifting in the Ada programming language J. Van
Katwijk and H. Toetenel
Part II. Real Time Design Dragoon: 4. An
Ada-based object oriented language for
concurrent, real-time, distributed systems A.
Di Maio, C. Cardigno, R. Bayan, C. Destombes
and C. Atkinson
5. A practical real-time design method for Ada
P. M. Molko and K. S. Ellison
6. Practical experiences of Ada and OOD in
real-time distributed systems N. W. Davis, M.
Irving and J. E. Lee
7. A portable common execution environment for
Ada A. Burns and C. W. McKay
8. PROMETHEE: designing a process control
system G. Auxiette, J. F. Cabadi and P.
9. Ada tools for rapid prototyping of real-time
systems A. Crespo, J. A. de la Puente, A.
Espinosa and A. Garcia-Fornes
Part III. Real-Time Scheduling: 10. Hard real
time systems and Ada J. L. Freniche
11. Comprehensive race controls: a versatile
scheduling mechanism for real-time applications
12. A review of analytic real-time scheduling
theory and its application to Ada L. Sha and J.
Part IV. Design Language Adadl and Aisle: 13.
An Ada-based PDL and supporting toolset which
encourage the use of Ada during design J.
Robinson and M. R. Palmer
14. Formalising the design of Ada systems using
LOTOS D. W. Bustard, M. R. Norris and R. A. Orr
15. From algebraic specifications to correct
Ada programs: the Esprit Project PROSPECTRA P.
De la Cruz, B. Krieg-Bruckner and A.
Part V. Implementation Issues: 16. Design for
high performance S. H. Saib and R. J. Gilinsky
17. A storage model for Ada on
hierarchical-memory multiprocessor S. Flynn
Hummel, R. B. Dewar and E. Schonberg
Part VI. Practical Experience: 18. Designing a
flight control program with Ada Y. Kol
19. The use of JSD and Ada on the submarine
command system project J. R. Lawton
20. Cordada: an expert system compiler into Ada
D. Chouvet, D. Kersual, B. Lemaire, D. Meziere
and J.-Y. Quemeneur
21. Observations on portable Ada systems D.
Emery and K. Nyberg
22. Synthesizing software development using Ada
A. Gargaro and C. Romvary
23. Ada mechanisms to obtain concurrency in GKS
F. Perez, J. Carretero, L. Gomez, A. Perez and
List of authors
List of referees.