Growing interest in the historical Jesus can be frustrated by diverse and conflicting claims about what he said and did. This series brings together in accessible form the conclusions of an international team of distinguished scholars regarding various important aspects of Jesus' teaching. All of the authors have extensively analyzed the biblical and contextual evidence about whom Jesus was and what he taught, and they summarize their findings here in easily readable and stimulating discussions.
Table of Contents
Introduction: knowing Jesus and knowing about
1. What can we learn from sources outside the
2. What can we learn from early Christian
writings outside the Gospels?
3. What can we learn from the oldest Gospel
4. What can we learn from our oldest Gospel?
5. What can we learn from the other Gospels?
Questions for exploration