New in paperback. Hardcover was publishrd in 1990 is out of print.
Table of Contents
Part I. Formal Methods and Verification: 1. A
mechanised proof of correctness of a simple
2. A formal model for the hierarchical design
of synchronous and systolic algorithms
3. Correctness proofs for systolic algorithms
4. A palindrome recogniser
Part II. Theory and Methodology of Design: 5.
Formal specification of a digital correlator
6. Describing and reasoning about circuits
Part III. Models of Circuits and Complexity
Theory: 7. Superpolynomial bounds on monotone
8. The prioritiser experiment
9. Estimation and measurement of computation
time in VLSI.