Wireless Local Loop (WLL) is now widely recognized as an economically viable technology for provision of telecommunication services to subscribers in sparsely populated as well as highly congested areas. However, the preparation of the business case, choice of a suitable technology, deployment planning, and radio and network system design for a WLL system depend on a range of technical and strategic planning variables. The scope of the book includes a systems level coverage of the following topics: Introduction to WLL systems; Fundamentals of Radio Systems; Key cellular and cordless technologies; WLL systems design system components and interfaces; WLL systems design radio aspects; Planning and deployment of WLL systems; Examples of commercially available WLL systems; and Broadband applications and services.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Wireless Access and WLL
2. Fundamentals of Radio Systems.
3. A Refresher on Cellular Mobile and
Cordless Telecommunication Systems.
4. WLL System Components and Interfaces.
5. Radio Access Characteristics and Radio
6. Deployment Planning Aspects of WLL
7. Examples of Commercial WLL Systems.
8. Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) Systems.
Glossary of Terms.