The flagship of Books Kinokuniya
Shinjuku Main Store and Annex
The first Kinokuniya store was built originally in 1927 in Tokyo, with books on the first floor and a second-floor gallery. Today, with eleven floors brimming with a massive selection of Japanese books and magazines, the Main Store stocks over one million copies and is one of the largest bookstores in Tokyo.
*Stationery, and fossils are also available in addition to Japanese books, magazines, comics, and English books. Events are held nearly daily, and the store even runs a theater!
*Drop by the annexbuildingfor Japanese manga, DVDs,and CDs.
* Explore unique specialty shops for leather goods and tobacco pipes and the basement floor for several authentic Japanese restaurants to satisfy your cravings.
* Domestic delivery service is available, including delivery to your hotels.
* Access: a five-minute walk from Shinjuku station with direct access through metro underground passage.
* Visit the tea stand "Kino-Chaya", located at the main entrance. Relax with traditional Japanese teas such as matcha and hoji-cha the moment you step into the store.
Books Kinokuniya Shinjuku Main Store (and annex)Phone: +81-3-3354-0131
|Address||3-17-7 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo|
|Business hours||10:00 am- 9:00 pm|
|Access||Shinjuku station East Exit / B7-B8 exit|
Metro Shonjuku 3-chome Station (S02, F13, M09)
- Direct access through metro underground passage